Sonu Sood extends support to family of deceased in Uttarakhand glacier burst – TV9
Actor-cum-social worker Sonu Sood, who has been in limelight for helping migrant workers amid COVID-19 has come forward to hold the hands of family who lost the life of its only bread winner during Uttarakhand glacier burst.
45-year-old Alam Singh Pundir who was one of the victims was working as an electrician at Ritvik Company when the flash flood arrived, NDTV reported. He was a resident of Loyal village in Tehri district, Uttarakhand.
Pundir had four daughters aged 14, 11, eight, two and a wife in his family. Sonu Sood extended his support by reaching out to the family by adopting them and fulfilling their needs. Responsibility of daughters’ education and their marriage will also been taken care by the actor.
Sood said, “It is every individual’s responsibility to come forward support the families who have suffered due to the natural calamities.”
World leaders extend hands
The Quint reported that the British Prime Minister (PM) have also come ahead to contribute to the families who lost their loved ones in the devastating floods.
British PM Boris Johnson offered his condolences by tweeting, “The UK stands in solidarity with India and is ready to offer any support needed.”
My thoughts are with the people of India and rescue workers in Uttarakhand as they respond to devastating flooding from the glacier collapse. The UK stands in solidarity with India and is ready to offer any support needed.
— Boris Johnson (@BorisJohnson) February 7, 2021
Another foreign leader- Australian PM Scott Morrison showed his solidarity and said his country stands with one of its closest friends at this very difficult time by tagging Indian PM Narendra Modi in his tweet.
— Scott Morrison (@ScottMorrisonMP) February 7, 2021
Subsequently, Uttarakhand State Government announced that a compensation of Rs. four lakh will be provided to all the families of those killed in the natural calamity. In addition, the Prime Minister’s Office said ex-gratia of Rs. two lakh for the family of deceased and Rs. 50,000 for people who have been seriously injured has been approved, Hindustan Times reported.
A total of 62 bodies, 28 human limbs have been recovered and 142 people are still missing so far as per Firstpost report.