Giving serious competition to The OnePlus 5, The Nokia 8, Nokia’s latest flagship Android smartphone is finally here in India for an extremely competitive price of Rs 36,990. The launch of the Nokia 8 is a dream come true for Nokia fans as it comes with premium features like a powerful Snapdragon 835 processor, a 5.3 inch Quad HD display, dual 13 MP ZEISS certified cameras on the front as well as back, and an all-metal design.
Here are the top 5 features of the Nokia 8:
- As one would have expected from the much acclaimed technology giant,the Nokia 8 is a powerhouse. It comes with a smart solution to heat management in the form of a full-length graphite shielded copper cooling pipe that dissipates heat across the full length and breadth of the smartphone.
- The Snapdragon 835 processor has a lot of pixels to power thanks to the Quad HD display that comes on board. The 5.3-inch panel has a resolution of 2560 x 1440 and is covered by 2.5D Gorilla Glass 5 for protection against external damages. The display also has a high maximum brightness level of 700 Nits which allows it to be visible in even the harshest sunlight. The ‘Glance Screen’ feature is back which was a prominent feature found in Lumia smartphones. It displays the time, notifications and more even when the phone is turned off.
- The Nokia 8 is a smartphone that not only looks extremely classy and elegant with its subtly integrated antenna lines and rounded corners but is also extremely durable and well made.. It is carved out of a single block of series 6000 aluminum and goes through a 40-stage process of machining, anodising and polishing. The smartphone is only 7.3 mm thin in average and 4.3mm thin at the edges. It is also IP54 water resistant and comes with a fingerprint reader embedded in the home button up front.
- Just like the Nokia 3, Nokia 5 and Nokia 6, the Nokia 8 runs on Android 7.1.1 Nougat. Nokia is already working on Android 8.0 Oreo and during yesterday’s launch event, HMD Global promised that the update will be coming to the smartphone very soon. The Nokia 8 also comes with features like ‘Dual-Sight’ which allows video to be live streamed natively and in real-time to social feeds such as YouTube and Facebook and OZO audio which allows the capture of 360 degree audio via the phone’s three microphones and Nokia’s special acoustic algorithms.
- The powerful Nokia 8 comes with ZEISS powered optics – on the front as well as the back. The dual camera setup on the back consists of a 13MP primary RGB (color) sensor sensor with optical image stabilisation paired with a secondary 13MP monochrome (black and white) sensor which allows for better low light photography and the capture of images with depth of field effects. Both sensors have an aperture of f/2.0. The rear camera setup can shoots videos in 4K and comes with a dual LED flash and phase detection autofocus. The front 13MP camera comes with a display flash, and phase detection auto focus.
(Santadeep Dey for Team ‘Swalla’)