A practical project by journalism students.
From US elections to Virat Kohli’s 32nd birthday, watch the top headlines of the day on our newscast ‘News@9’.
Top headlines of the day:
- Bombay High Court refuses interim relief to Republic TV’s Editor-in-Chief Arnab Goswami. Goswami was sent to 14 days judicial custody by an Alibaug court and has also challenged his ‘illegal arrest’ by Maharashtra Police on Wednesday in connection with the alleged abetment to suicide case.
- Amit Shah hits out at West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee. Union Home Minister Amit Shah in his two day visit to West Bengal took a dig at CM Mamata Banerjee alleging that her government is not letting the benefits of over 80 central schemes of the central government reach the poor.
- Trump supporters stage a protest outside vote counting centres in Arizona and Georgia. Demonstrators gathered outside election centres in Arizona and Georgia and announced that they were launching a flurry of lawsuits to halt counting in key battle ground states.
- Ministry of External Affairs condemned Pakistan’s move to transfer Kartarpur Gurudwara Management to non-Sikh body. MEA also added that this move runs against religious sentiments of the Sikh Community.
- Rafael Nadal becomes fourth man to win 1000 ATP Tour Matches. However, Nadal was left to celebrate his win in near silence in a 20,000 seater stadium in Paris as spectators were absent amid the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Delhi High Court said that the city could soon become the “Corona capital” of India. The bench claimed that Aam Aadmi Party has gone completely haywire referring to the increasing cases of coronavirus in the city.
- Stubble burning share in Delhi’s pollution soars to 42 per cent. Raging farm fires and a fall in wind speed and temperature pushed air quality in Delhi to the worst level in an year.
- Public Investment Fund to invest $ 1.3 billion in Reliance Retail Ventures Ltd Limited. With this investment, PIF will acquire an equity stake of 2.04% into Reliance Industries becoming the latest high-profile global fund to purchase stake in India’s largest retailer.
- UGC Releases Guidelines for re-opening of universities and colleges outside containment zones in a graded manner. The Commission said that not more than 50 per cent of total students should be present in the campus at any point of time
- Indian cricket captain Virat Kohli celebrated his 32nd birthday alongside his wife and actress Anushka Sharma in Dubai where he is playing the 13th edition of Indian Premiere league for Royal Challengers Bangalore. Photos and videos of the celebration emerged on the social media and invited the reactions of many of his fans.
- Bigg Boss fame Gauhar Khan gets engaged to long-time boyfriend Zaid Darbar. The couple announced their engagement on social media by posting a photograph from the proposal.
By: Anoushka Sharma, Bhavya Shyam, Drishti Sharma, Rupali Mandal, S.N. Millenium