The fire department on Wednesday has lodged an FIR against three owners of the factory named Sandip Industry from where as gas leak om Monday caused 70 people ill.
According to the police, the fire department has accused the owners for illegally storing cylinders. The cylinder from which the chlorine has had reportedly leaked has been sent to the forensic. The West Bengal Pollution Control Board ( WBPCB) was informed about the incident and it examined the portion of the Ganga into which the leaking cylinder was rolled by the fire department. The river valley in the area has said to be turned yellow due the chemicals. the chemicals can be extremely risky to the local ecology.
The pollution control board has sought various documents from the owner to verify if they had necessary environmental clearance to run the business.