November 26 | 13:45 p.m.
New Delhi: On Thursday— after observing the current number of COVID-19 infections in the national capital— the Delhi High Court adjourned its hearing till December 9 in the petition against the Kejriwal government’s decision to reserve 80 per cent ICU in 33 private hospitals for COVID-19 patients.
According to ANI, the matter was adjourned by a single-judge bench of Justice Navin Chawla after taking note of the alarming numbers of COVID-19 infections in Delhi.
Delhi High Court adjourns till December 9, the petition against Delhi Government's decision to reserve 80% ICU beds in 33 private hospitals for COVID19 patients pic.twitter.com/vxcOFnATdU
— ANI (@ANI) November 26, 2020
Additional Solicitor General Sanjay Jain said that Kejriwal’s government is assessing the situation and will take up the matter after a few days. He told the High Court that the government evaluated its decision the day before and might review it after 10 days.
On November 12, the division bench of the Delhi High Court vacated a stay imposed by a single-judge bench on the Delhi government’s order reserving 80 per cent ICU beds in 33 hospitals for COVID-19 patients. A single-judge bench had earlier stayed the Delhi government’s order while hearing a petition moved by the Association of Healthcare Providers India.
The Delhi government challenged the stay on its order in the division bench of the High Court.
Source: ANI | Edited By Rishika Singh